I have recently got a Pinnacle Showcenter SC1000 as a gift from one of my friends.
The peripherials made me intrested, so I have disassembled it to check the internals:
It features the following stuff:
- Sigma Designs EM8551 Soc (datasheet here)
- RJ45 ethernet connector powered by an Davicom DM9000E
- 2 * 8 MB RAM ARC4X16S4K3VF-55
- 2 * 2 MB Flash AM29LV160DB
- 8 MB RAM dedicated for the MPEG codec
- wide range of video output connectors (SCART, SVideo) unfortunatelly nothigng high definition
- PCMCIA slot
- an unpopulated IDE connector
- two fully featured unpopulated serial ports
- and an unpopulated 20 pin header. At first I would bet that it is a JTAG connector, but it isn't. Read more...