IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

I use a vacuum cleaner to clean the inside of my pc
beneathftr
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 09:38 AM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 807

Does this have any negative effects on my computer? Of course, I only clean with the computer turned off.
Can't bother to get compressed air.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Válaszok (1 - 10)
ftrsquish
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 09:39 AM
Létrehozva: #2

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 731

Been doing this for years, nothing wrong with it.

What I found out though is that when I really need a strong string of air to blow something out then vacuum doesn't cut it (and I wouldn't say we have some cheap weak model - I am also afraid of ripping things from my motherboard:P). What I use is a hair dryer set on max flow and cool air. I wouldn't do this inside though.

+Quote Post
Guest_Micropyle_*
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 09:42 AM
Létrehozva: #3

Guests

as long as its not an upright and your rolling over it like carpet, then no it wont cause any damage.
I use a the tube extension of a vacuum cleaner with 2 paint brushes, one trimmed so its a stiff bristles and one which is just soft.
long as your careful not to damage any think its fine.

+Quote Post
Guest_monsterftr_*
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 09:43 AM
Létrehozva: #4

Guests

Yeah, it's fine as long as you're gentle.
I've heard stories of people losing capacitors that got sucked up, but I reckon they had either knocked their capacitors loose by being too rough with the vacuum....or they were using an industrial-grade-godmode-powerful vacuum and stuck it right against the mobo >_<
If your vacuum comes with a bristle attachment use it brushes the dust lose so it can be sucked up easily.

+Quote Post
Guest_charterpoison_*
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 09:45 AM
Létrehozva: #5

Guests

IDÉZET(Micropyle @ Dec 6 2018, 09:42 AM) *
as long as it is not an upright and your rolling over it like carpet, then no it won't cause any damage.
I use the tube extension of a vacuum cleaner with 2 paint brushes, one trimmed so it is stiff bristles and one which is just soft.
long as your careful not to damage any think its fine.

Ok good, I thought I would get flamed by people who treat their computer like it breaks when you even look at it. And no, except for the fan, I always keep distance with the vacuum from the components.

+Quote Post
Guest_Micropyle_*
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 09:48 AM
Létrehozva: #6

Guests

You should hold the fans eighter with your fingers or a pen or something.. They are not made for spinning at insane rates wich they will do when using a vacuum cleaner or a compressor.

I personally use the compressor out in the garage to clean it... Last time I did it, it made my computer drow 5 degrees celsius..

+Quote Post
Guest_joselcollin_*
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 09:49 AM
Létrehozva: #7

Guests

IDÉZET(beneathftr @ Dec 6 2018, 09:38 AM) *
Does this have any negative effects on my computer? Of course, I only clean with the computer turned off.
Can't bother to get compressed air.

It's just a ball-bearing mechanism lol, I highly doubt a vacuum could make it cross 2000rpm (which is the fastest the fan motor can push it to). Try manually setting the fan profile to maximum and see it going berserk at 1600-2000rpm (and note the sound it makes) - then you'll know that your vacuum can't pull anywhere near that tongue.gif
And I reckon it would be able to handle at least 5000rpm before it started coming loose....gosh I'm bored...

+Quote Post
Guest_Dichogamous_*
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 09:49 AM
Létrehozva: #8

Guests

Spinning fans with compressed air or a vacuum cleaner can cause damage to electrical components, fun as it might be to do it. A motor and a generator are the same thing, its just a motor uses power, a generator (surprising) generates it, so you applying an external force (the vacuum or compressed air) turns the motor into a generator, which creates electricity.

As some fans are powered from your motherboard you are therefore putting power into your motherboard by spinning the fans. If you generate the wrong voltages/currents you can damage your components like this. Same goes for any electrical devices (I used to maintain intelligent lights used in the entertainment business and they follow the same principle). It is unlikely that you will be able to generate enough power to do any damage, but i personally don't like to take the risk. So a paint brush handle/screwdriver/pencil etc should be used to hold the fan blades stationary to prevent this occurring.

+Quote Post
Guest_Cybernate_*
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 09:50 AM
Létrehozva: #9

Guests

You really shouldn't spin your fans with compressed air or a vacuum when cleaning them, as it has the potential to damage the fan. When cleaning the fan you should place an object (like a pencil) between the fan blades to stop it from rotating while cleaning it. This will also allow you to more thoroughly clean off the build up on the leading edge of the blades themselves.

As for using a vacuum to clean your pc, there should not be a problem unless you are using a high suction shop vac or something. The one note of caution I would add though is to make sure that if you use a brush attachment with your vacuum, that is the brush itself is non-conductive, else you could possibly damage sensitive components like the RAM with a static discharge.

+Quote Post
Guest_charterpoison_*
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 09:53 AM
Létrehozva: #10

Guests

I've used a vacuum cleaner in a pinch, but you should really get a can of compressed air for a couple of reasons:
1. It works a lot better than a vacuum cleaner does by itself.
2. Since no components are being touched by anything but air, it is far less likely something will be damaged.
3. Static electricity could build up when using a vacuum cleaner, and static electricity is a computer's biggest enemy.

I actually use a can of compressed air and a vacuum cleaner, I blow the dust out with the air and then I suck it in with the vacuum so it doesn't go all over my apartment.

+Quote Post
bining
hozzászólás Dec 6 2018, 12:00 PM
Létrehozva: #11

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 761

"Hi,

Check this https://www.cdhpl.com/best-computer-vacuum/ for computer vacuum . Also, you can solve your problem by reading the website. This is the best website to make a deal and buy products."

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 25th July 2024 - 01:06 PM