IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Is there any chance that airport security screening can harm
bining
hozzászólás Jun 10 2019, 07:08 PM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

Do any of the experienced travelers know if the security screening at the airport can possibly have any adverse effects on a digital-DVD camcorder. I am assuming that the use of totally digital and non-magnetic media should be OK in an X-ray machine, but wanted to ask those of you who might have traveled recently.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Válaszok (1 - 5)
Guest_Vendég_*
hozzászólás Jun 10 2019, 07:09 PM
Létrehozva: #2

Guests

Agree with the above. The only thing security could do to harm it is drop it when they handle it. The only film affected by the screening xrays for carry on is 800 speed or higher, unless the xray machine jams or something. For checked luggage the xrays can be more intense.

+Quote Post
bining
hozzászólás Jun 10 2019, 07:09 PM
Létrehozva: #3

Advanced Member

IDÉZET(Vendég @ Jun 10 2019, 07:09 PM) *
Agree with the above. The only thing security could do to harm it is drop it when they handle it. The only film affected by the screening xrays for carry on is 800 speed or higher, unless the xray machine jams or something. For checked luggage the xrays can be more intense.

thank-you very much for your replies, Next time i am in Egypt your right i won't let this happen again! I was definately intimidated, i would be more prepared next time wasn't expecting it and was quite scared as my husband had been told to go and sit down. It wouldn't put me off going to Cairo again as this was the only blot on an other wise wonderful time

+Quote Post
Guest_Vendég_*
hozzászólás Jun 10 2019, 07:10 PM
Létrehozva: #4

Guests

This is quite an interesting subject, looks like ladies the best way it to hang on to what ever you have in your bags, and not give into these men at the airport, I know that I would not.

+Quote Post
Guest_Vendég_*
hozzászólás Jun 10 2019, 07:10 PM
Létrehozva: #5

Guests

Oh yes debdancing! This happened to me at Cairo airport too! I bought some liquor at the duty free shop in Cairo and, coming through security for my flight to Luxor, one security guy nudged the other and they called me over to the little desk about two feet away. From the way my body stiffened when he waved me over, he must have sensed I wasn't in for the nonsense so he made some small talk about if it was whisky and if I drink whisky and I said no. I know they have the issue about liquids on board, so I said that I had just bought it at duty free and asked if he needed to see a receipt. Surprise of surprises, he didn't lol and it was all smiles and laughter once they realized I ) giving it up and 2) they had no cause to ask for a bribe, which they might have if it was Duty Free from JFK. I mean the big Duty Free Cairo was printed on the bag. I don't know what it is with the whisky. I think they just wanted it!

+Quote Post
bining
hozzászólás Jun 11 2019, 05:27 AM
Létrehozva: #6

Advanced Member

If you are concerned about it, they can screen cameras without running through the xray. There should be a sign posted about it as sometimes it requires using a different security line. More Information here https://www.securinadetection.com/

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 19th June 2024 - 01:02 PM