IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Must I register my child's birth outside the USA?
bining
hozzászólás Mar 14 2019, 05:23 AM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

My child was born outside the USA, and is possibly † a USA citizen according to the rules. She is a UK citizen and has a UK passport she has travelled on within europe already.I am asking as my child is under a year old and we have booked trips to see her grandparents in the USA for christmas. We were unaware of these potential rules and have not got her USA passport, SSN or CRBA yet. Does that therefore mean she cannot enter the USA on her UK passport? If so then we have a problem we need to deal with.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Válaszok
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Mar 14 2019, 05:23 AM
Létrehozva: #2

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 884

IDÉZET(bining @ Mar 14 2019, 05:23 AM) *
My child was born outside the USA, and is possibly † a USA citizen according to the rules. She is a UK citizen and has a UK passport she has travelled on within europe already.I am asking as my child is under a year old and we have booked trips to see her grandparents in the USA for christmas. We were unaware of these potential rules and have not got her USA passport, SSN or CRBA yet. Does that therefore mean she cannot enter the USA on her UK passport? If so then we have a problem we need to deal with.

Update: we ended up booking an emergency passport appointment at the US embassy for the day before we travelled to the USA, and applying for the CRBA at the same time. Her US passport was issued on the spot and the CRBA arrived less than three weeks later as expected. However we also met another couple who did their first trip with a UK passport for the US/UK nationality child with no issues (both of them travelled, however, so it wasn't a case of a US citizen travelling with a baby on a non-US passport). – bejeb Dec 10 '15 at 14:36
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Hozzászólás a témához

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 16th July 2024 - 07:35 PM