IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Black Mold removal
bining
hozzászólás Apr 17 2019, 12:13 PM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

I never thought I would have this problem. I have black mold in my basement floor from a pallet I did not realize had gotten wet.

My basement is concrete block and the floor is concrete.

I think I can neutralize it with Clorox, absorb it with cat litter and bag it. Since I am on a well and septic, near a major river and city sewer I need a safe way to dispose of it.

Ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Válaszok
bining
hozzászólás Apr 17 2019, 12:19 PM
Létrehozva: #2

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

Update. I talked to a mold remediator tonight. I answered questions as to what I saw (black marks on the floor where the wood was and no where else), what I smelled (nothing), my whole house dehumidifier is working, and the basement was otherwise cool and dry.

He said it was black, and he said it was mold. He said from my description he is sure it is not toxic. He said I could use DAWN, or any soap or ? that is anti-bacterial, or acidic such as vinegar, with a stiff scrub brush.

I asked him about absorbing it with litter, let it dry, and then dispose of it. He agreed and said it is a good plan. He said Clorox is not a good idea as I have problems with it due to a skin condition.

It really is amazing what hot water and vinegar can clean.
I've used for years on wood floors.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Hozzászólás a témához
- bining   Black Mold removal   Apr 17 2019, 12:13 PM
- - monsterftr   One thing not mentioned is spores. Mold spreads by...   Apr 17 2019, 12:15 PM
- - charterpoison   My whole life I have been dealing with this ...   Apr 17 2019, 12:15 PM
- - steeveell   Mold (and its spores) are everywhere...all the tim...   Apr 17 2019, 12:16 PM
- - andikishore   Use Clorox on non porous surfaces only, like ceram...   Apr 17 2019, 12:16 PM
- - andikishore   There are many molds that are black, most of them ...   Apr 17 2019, 12:17 PM
- - ftrsquish   You are absolutely right about mold removal spores...   Apr 17 2019, 12:18 PM
- - bining   Update. I talked to a mold remediator tonight. I a...   Apr 17 2019, 12:19 PM

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 31st August 2024 - 09:40 PM