IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Road trip from Phoenix to San Diego?, Road trip from Phoenix to San Diego?
bining
hozzászólás May 18 2019, 07:05 AM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

Possibly planning a trip from seeing some baseball games in Phoenix and then heading to the stadium in San Diego for a few more games. Reading above sounds like it takes about 6 hrs by car. Has anyone experienced this and is it worth the ride? Unfortunately we are talking about the beginning of August when the heat is scorching hot.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás May 18 2019, 07:07 AM
Létrehozva: #2

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

Our next trip to San Diego will include a day at the zoo and dinner in the "gas lamp" district. The Hyatt at Mission Beach is da bomb. There's a cool 'lil bar & grill not too far from there...right on the beach. It's called the "Wave House". Rock 'n' Roll, people watching, and these cool little wave machines that people "surf" in.

+Quote Post
bining
Létrehozva: #3

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 761

IDÉZET(ambiguousscourge @ May 18 2019, 07:07 AM) *
Our next trip to San Diego will include a day at the zoo and dinner in the "gas lamp" district. The Hyatt at Mission Beach is da bomb. There's a cool 'lil bar & grill not too far from there...right on the beach. It's called the "Wave House". Rock 'n' Roll, people watching, and these cool little wave machines that people "surf" in.

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
Létrehozva: #4

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

My post that you responded to is history (you didn't check the dates... new poster revived this thread ), but this is good advice for the new poster. About six months later I went to San Diego a second time using the Maricopa route. Not through Ak Chin/ 84 as you did though-- but rather taking AZ-238 from Maricopa to Gila Bend, via Mobile. Even though my map shows it as a dirt road, that's out of date... it's a fully paved highway the entire way, paralelling the train tracks. I still think AZ-85 is faster, but if you live in the east valley and are trying to beat rush hour traffic it could be worth it.

+Quote Post
Guest_Vendég_*
hozzászólás May 18 2019, 07:08 AM
Létrehozva: #5

Guests

On google maps, it states the distance from Phoenix to San Diego is 355 mles away on I-8W, it states the approximate driving time by car is 5 hours and 25 minutes. This is assuming you are going the speed limit. If drive 10 miles over the speed limit like most people, you will make it to San Diego in under 5 hours. If you are being a speed demon, it's closer to 4 hours. And if you live in the south valley (Chandler), it's even closer. I just got back from San Diego and remember reading how insane responses about the drive times.

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás May 19 2019, 07:14 AM
Létrehozva: #6

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

It is on the US side. Just before you cross into Mexico on the right. Distance from Phoenix to San Diego It is a huge, fenced, paved parking area run by the native American community on the border there. It is just a few steps from the lot to the pedestrian border crossing turnstile. Going in you just walk through the gate/turnstile. No one asks for a passport or anything. Coming back you follow the walkways into a US border patrol area where they scan your passport, maybe ask a question or two. The customs office is across the street from the parking lot. It doesn't get much easier. You won't be alone. Even in the off season there are dozens and dozens of people going there for dental work each day.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 19th June 2024 - 12:23 PM