IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Looking for ideas for mobile home skirting, Looking for ideas for mobile home skirting
bining
hozzászólás Jun 15 2019, 05:09 PM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

I am trying to find a DIY way to camouflage damaged skirting around my mobile home. I can't really afford all new skirting and don't like the look anyway. It is not structural, just cosmetic and while I don't have a lot of $, I have an abundance of time and patience. I was thinking of collecting river rocks and gluing them on and grouting but I think the skirting is too flimsy. Any suggestions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Jun 15 2019, 05:10 PM
Létrehozva: #2

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

IDÉZET(bining @ Jun 15 2019, 06:09 PM) *
I am trying to find a DIY way to camouflage damaged skirting around my mobile home. I can't really afford all new skirting and don't like the look anyway. It is not structural, just cosmetic and while I don't have a lot of $, I have an abundance of time and patience. I was thinking of collecting river rocks and gluing them on and grouting but I think the skirting is too flimsy. Any suggestions?

My best guess would be to plant in front of underpinning. I am clueless as to what you can grow in Canada though. I know what you mean about underpinning, when I had my mobile home I kept knocking holes in it with weed eater.

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
Létrehozva: #3

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

I don't know how well it would work but I see Mobile homes that have the fake decorative rock applied to the underpinning and it looks really nice. Might be a little costly but I suppose you could do the different sides 1 at a time to allow time to save money for the rest or just apply to the front most visible side . I believe the fake stuff would be lighter in weight and might work .

+Quote Post
bining
Létrehozva: #4

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 761

try expanding foam in a can. Take your skirting off and put a piece of sara wrap on the ground lay your skirting on top of the wrap and spray on the back side of the skirting with the foam, when the foam is dry cut it down and mold it and than paint it to match the same color as the rest of the skirting. Be prepared, have all the pieces you want to fix off and ready to be molded cause the foam is a one time deal if you try to put it away and do another piece of skirting another day the foam won't come out you will have to buy a new can.

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
Létrehozva: #5

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

IDÉZET(bining @ Jun 15 2019, 06:10 PM) *
try expanding foam in a can. Take your skirting off and put a piece of sara wrap on the ground lay your skirting on top of the wrap and spray on the back side of the skirting with the foam, when the foam is dry cut it down and mold it and than paint it to match the same color as the rest of the skirting. Be prepared, have all the pieces you want to fix off and ready to be molded cause the foam is a one time deal if you try to put it away and do another piece of skirting another day the foam won't come out you will have to buy a new can.

I just finished that set of HOT n COLD water pipes from start to finish in insulation and orange wrapping. I have a few more pipes I have to take care of and then I'm going to start on the skirting. I finished JUST in time...as it actually just started to rain...tomorrow more pipes and I'm done that portion..then talk landlord into the floor material and maybe some new POLLY for the skirting and the dirt...

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás Jun 15 2019, 05:11 PM
Létrehozva: #6

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

My insulation guy Scott, whom helped me do the shop, says lay the entire dirt floor/base under the trailer with 6 Mil polly to help stop that moisture from being drawn up from the warmth...May try get landlord to flip for that too!

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 27th April 2024 - 06:30 PM