IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Cat lovers
bining
hozzászólás Jun 11 2019, 07:27 PM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

Can anyone recommend one please ? A busy and interesting site but not one of those where members get really nasty when it comes to not having cats spayed/neutered if you know what I mean.Unfortunately, I had a different experience on that forum, and found lots of cattiness () not necessarily directly at me (though a few of them seem to think Bengal cats are the devil reincarnated, despite never having actually come into contact with one).Each to their own, though - it doesn't cost anything to join and you can always stop looking / posting (like I did) if it's not for yo

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chanelmarital
hozzászólás Jun 11 2019, 07:28 PM
Létrehozva: #2

Azonosító: 1,073

IDÉZET(bining @ Jun 11 2019, 08:27 PM) *
Can anyone recommend one please ? A busy and interesting site but not one of those where members get really nasty when it comes to not having cats spayed/neutered if you know what I mean.Unfortunately, I had a different experience on that forum, and found lots of cattiness () not necessarily directly at me (though a few of them seem to think Bengal cats are the devil reincarnated, despite never having actually come into contact with one).Each to their own, though - it doesn't cost anything to join and you can always stop looking / posting (like I did) if it's not for yo

What's nasty about wanting people to get their cats neutered. I'd say nasty is people thinking its okay that hundreds of thousands of unwanted cats and kittens are dying each year, and yet its still 'okay' to breed.At this very moment there will be dumped cats and kittens dying, and rescue centres breaking their hearts because they cant save them all- I'd say that that is the appallingly nasty situation.

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Jun 11 2019, 07:32 PM
Létrehozva: #3

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

Second vote for Purrsinourhearts. Few places are unpleasant about entire cats that are in a breeding programme and kept in a cat proofed garden, simply about entire cats being allowed outside to spread sexually transmitted diseases and fall pregnant. Am sure you are not doing the latter anyway.

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás Jun 11 2019, 07:33 PM
Létrehozva: #4

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

I completely understand that animal lovers wish to express their views in a forceful way but sometimes people are just too nasty, bullying etc. Apart from being unnecessarily offensive, I'm not sure it's effective. Anyway just my own preferences and I don't wish to stifle people's expression, I just don't want to read it.

+Quote Post
bining
Létrehozva: #5

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 761

IDÉZET(fillerjupiter @ Jun 11 2019, 08:33 PM) *
I completely understand that animal lovers wish to express their views in a forceful way but sometimes people are just too nasty, bullying etc. Apart from being unnecessarily offensive, I'm not sure it's effective. Anyway just my own preferences and I don't wish to stifle people's expression, I just don't want to read it.

I found them *very* judgemental on there, and not just about Bengals either (though that was a particular gripe of mine). I read one-too-many Bengal-bashing posts and decided to just not bother with them anymore. Shame as there are some great discussions on there.

+Quote Post
chanelmarital
Létrehozva: #6

Azonosító: 1,073

I must admit i did a bit of bashing yesterday on facebook..young girl, cat had kittens now she wants them all gone..he response to not neutering cat was, how can i control my cat outside..arghhh.put aside those types..I have nothing against responsible breeding of cats, so there are breeders on purrs that do show off some spectacular beautys from time to time.

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Jun 11 2019, 07:34 PM
Létrehozva: #7

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

IDÉZET(chanelmarital @ Jun 11 2019, 08:33 PM) *
I must admit i did a bit of bashing yesterday on facebook..young girl, cat had kittens now she wants them all gone..he response to not neutering cat was, how can i control my cat outside..arghhh.put aside those types..I have nothing against responsible breeding of cats, so there are breeders on purrs that do show off some spectacular beautys from time to time.

Im suprised tbh if anyone had felt unwelcome on purrs ( i know there may be more talk amonsgst old timers etc so you might not feel immediately overwhelmed with love so to speak) but i think as a forum i find it more welcoming than a lot of others you go on.
i mean on here for example you could post on disability board for example and get random abuse of being a scrounger and being in a wheelchair doesnt shouldnt stop you working down a mine type of troll attack. If you want to know more details please visit here https://catpawprint.com

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás Jun 11 2019, 07:34 PM
Létrehozva: #8

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

Thank you very much I have only ever been on Purrs to the shop part to buy the very many Da Bird feathers the Bengals get through, I must admit I've never checked out the forum, but I would expect it to be welcoming. It's the Petforums I had an issue with - I can't stand people who sl*g off an entire breed just because they've heard - fourth hand - about an isolated example of an aggressive cat! They then tar the whole breed with the same characteristics - makes me mad The fact that the Asian Leopard Cat which Bengals originate from is actually very shy and timid, never comes into their thought processes. Anyway, I'll shut up now as I could go on about this all night

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 19th June 2024 - 07:58 AM