IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Best insulated travel mug, Best insulated travel mug
bining
hozzászólás Jun 12 2019, 05:06 AM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

I’m in the market for a good insulated coffee cup/mug. Three most important qualities needed: retains heat well (I’m sick of having my coffee go cold in an hour - makes me drink it too quickly); portability/travel; and size.We’ve spent 78 hours researching and testing travel mugs in search of one that excelled at keeping your drinks hot. Here are our favorites.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chanelmarital
hozzászólás Jun 12 2019, 05:07 AM
Létrehozva: #2

Azonosító: 1,073

IDÉZET(bining @ Jun 12 2019, 06:06 AM) *
I’m in the market for a good insulated coffee cup/mug. Three most important qualities needed: retains heat well (I’m sick of having my coffee go cold in an hour - makes me drink it too quickly); portability/travel; and size.We’ve spent 78 hours researching and testing travel mugs in search of one that excelled at keeping your drinks hot. Here are our favorites.

Loved those, but tossed it after a while because the lid/cap was a whore to keep clean and at one point retained a dish soap taste for a while. I was sad because if it weren’t for that it was practically perfect.

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Jun 12 2019, 05:08 AM
Létrehozva: #3

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

I’ve been using a set of these for a year, and the lid’s not been a problem. It’s dishwasher safe, and the dishwasher does a good job on it without leaving a soap taste.

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás Jun 12 2019, 05:09 AM
Létrehozva: #4

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

Foam and air insulated mugs don’t insulate worth a damn. I’ve run some tests, and a typical air-insulated double-wall bottle doesn’t perform much better than a straight plastic bottle. Foam’s not much better.

+Quote Post
bining
Létrehozva: #5

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 761

IDÉZET(fillerjupiter @ Jun 12 2019, 06:09 AM) *
Foam and air insulated mugs don’t insulate worth a damn. I’ve run some tests, and a typical air-insulated double-wall bottle doesn’t perform much better than a straight plastic bottle. Foam’s not much better.

The Contigo mug is moderately insulated, enough to keep coffee warm for ~4 hours, provided you start at about 150, which is the limit of what I find tolerable. Note that pouring coffee into a mug cools it down, so if you’re being fiddly about it (as I am), you want to measure the temperature in the mug, not at the source.

+Quote Post
chanelmarital
Létrehozva: #6

Azonosító: 1,073

The Contigo is a vacuum bottle, but the walls are awfully thin. A proper Thermos will last all day - in my test, water that started at 155 took 13 hours to drop to 120, which I feel is the bottom limit. However, the Contigo mugs have a big advantage, you can put them in the dishwasher, which you can’t with most vacuum bottles.

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
Létrehozva: #7

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

IDÉZET(chanelmarital @ Jun 12 2019, 06:09 AM) *
The Contigo is a vacuum bottle, but the walls are awfully thin. A proper Thermos will last all day - in my test, water that started at 155 took 13 hours to drop to 120, which I feel is the bottom limit. However, the Contigo mugs have a big advantage, you can put them in the dishwasher, which you can’t with most vacuum bottles.

The manual warns that the paint will come off the colored bottles if you use the dishwasher. After a year of use, I’ve got a few flakes missing from my red one, no visible damage to my blue one, and of course the unpainted stainless steel version doesn’t care at all. If this is a concern, get the stainless steel version.

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás Jun 12 2019, 05:10 AM
Létrehozva: #8

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

My daughter got me a Thermos brand travel mug for Christmas. It will keep my coffee hot from 8am until early afternoon. I think she paid around $30 for it, or maybe for 2 as she bought her mother one as well. It is a great improvement over the travel mug I had before.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 19th June 2024 - 02:41 AM