IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
dell desktop replacement parts
Guest_Micropyle_*
hozzászólás Dec 4 2018, 10:11 AM
Létrehozva: #1

Guests

It will be better to consider a SSD version because the HDDs will create problem in the future if you are planning frequent traveling as said. This will give you fast performance compared to HDD. If possible you can plan some Samsung 960EVO 250GB which will cost you appx INR.12500/- or 850EVO for appx 7500. But in any way SSD is preferred for a mobile computer.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Vendég_*
hozzászólás Dec 4 2018, 10:11 AM
Létrehozva: #2

Guests

Go with the 16GB of memory. 8GB may work for smaller assemblies but if your assemblies get bigger... And make sure you get the model with the Nvidia Quadro M620 graphics card. The built in graphics is not certified by SolidWorks and will most likely give you visual problems and possible crash issues.

+Quote Post
Guest_charterpoison_*
hozzászólás Dec 4 2018, 10:12 AM
Létrehozva: #3

Guests

IDÉZET(Micropyle @ Dec 4 2018, 10:11 AM) *
It will be better to consider a SSD version because the HDDs will create problem in the future if you are planning frequent traveling as said. This will give you fast performance compared to HDD. If possible you can plan some Samsung 960EVO 250GB which will cost you appx INR.12500/- or 850EVO for appx 7500. But in any way SSD is preferred for a mobile computer.

I would check how much it will cost you later. Sometimes you will need to buy 16GB to upgrade which means you have to throw away your 8GB. Not cost effective.

+Quote Post
Guest_Vendég_*
hozzászólás Dec 4 2018, 10:13 AM
Létrehozva: #4

Guests

IDÉZET(Vendég @ Dec 4 2018, 10:11 AM) *
Go with the 16GB of memory. 8GB may work for smaller assemblies but if your assemblies get bigger... And make sure you get the model with the Nvidia Quadro M620 graphics card. The built in graphics is not certified by SolidWorks and will most likely give you visual problems and possible crash issues.

Reading through this thread I can't help but feel that your initial question was already decided upon. I would seriously re-think this as the suggestions given to you here strongly suggest (and I concur) that you will be bordering on adequate resources and will then find yourself looking for more power. Spend a few a little bit more now and ensure you get some longevity with your new machine.

+Quote Post
Guest_Dichogamous_*
hozzászólás Dec 4 2018, 10:13 AM
Létrehozva: #5

Guests

The Dell update utility crashed during a bios update and bricked my Vostro 410 PC. Dave’s HP envy repair video inspired me to take a shot with a TL866 programmer. The Dell DG33A01 MB has an MX25L8005 CMOS serial flash chip and there is an SPI port. I traced the pins and connected the ICSP cable. Initially I got the same damaged error that Dave received and addressed it in kind by applying 3.3V from an external supply. This cleared the error but unfortunately the Chip ID is reading FF FF FF. I tried swapping MISO and MOSI but it just changed the ID to 00 00 00. I tried bypassing the chip ID but reading and programing doesn’t work. I added a 22pF cap between MISO and ground but that didn’t help. The battery was removed and tried all jumper possibilities. Any suggestions?

+Quote Post
Guest_Dichogamous_*
hozzászólás Dec 4 2018, 10:14 AM
Létrehozva: #6

Guests

It is hard to follow without linking to the trouble "Dave" ran into.

I've never had trouble recovering corrupt SPI flash BIOS, but I do the programming out of site.
My programmer is a Xeltek SP500P the recommendations for use are to add 30pF capacitors between SO and /CS to ground, I have found this to often be needed.

For ISP they also recommend adding a bypass capacitor of 20 to 100nF (Vcc-GND across I.C. or SPI header) .
Once you have been able to flash, think of replacing battery and CLRCMOS jumper in the right position.

Hope that helps.

+Quote Post
Guest_Cybernate_*
hozzászólás Dec 4 2018, 10:15 AM
Létrehozva: #7

Guests

IDÉZET(Dichogamous @ Dec 4 2018, 10:13 AM) *
The Dell update utility crashed during a bios update and bricked my Vostro 410 PC. Dave’s HP envy repair video inspired me to take a shot with a TL866 programmer. The Dell DG33A01 MB has an MX25L8005 CMOS serial flash chip and there is an SPI port. I traced the pins and connected the ICSP cable. Initially I got the same damaged error that Dave received and addressed it in kind by applying 3.3V from an external supply. This cleared the error but unfortunately the Chip ID is reading FF FF FF. I tried swapping MISO and MOSI but it just changed the ID to 00 00 00. I tried bypassing the chip ID but reading and programing doesn’t work. I added a 22pF cap between MISO and ground but that didn’t help. The battery was removed and tried all jumper possibilities. Any suggestions?

Wasting time is kind of my hobby, but desoldering is my backup plan. I don't get why they would put a SPI header on the MB if you can't use it.
I guess I can hook up the data pins to my scope which has a SPI decoder.

+Quote Post
Guest_danielhowell_*
hozzászólás Dec 4 2018, 10:16 AM
Létrehozva: #8

Guests

IDÉZET(Dichogamous @ Dec 4 2018, 10:13 AM) *

Don't waste your time and just desolder it. It's common that another IC which is not powered pull data pins to GND through built in ESD protection diodes.

+Quote Post
Guest_Vendég_*
hozzászólás Dec 5 2018, 08:38 AM
Létrehozva: #9

Guests

Hello "Micropyle",
I understand your problem. Go and check out parts-dell.cc this website. You will find your solution on there. This website is very reliable for different kind of dell parts and dell replacement parts.
Best of luck.
Jhon.K :lol:

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 4th July 2024 - 12:05 PM