IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ladies' watches: better big or small these days?, Ladies' watches: better big or small these days?
bining
hozzászólás Dec 12 2018, 06:40 PM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

I remember a few years ago when the market for women's oversized watches just blew up, and even wearing men's watches. I had a few watches that were oversized ( but also my wrist is like a child's).

Please give your thoughts/opinions on watch sizes and what you think is more classic or what you prefer these days?

thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Dec 12 2018, 06:41 PM
Létrehozva: #2

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

My classic is still the 31 Rolex DateJust I bought several years ago. Trends come and go, but this is a size that will always work for me. I admire some larger size watches on some women's wrists, but it isn't true to my aesthetic. I also wear statement bracelets on the opposite wrist, so I consider the overall effect between watch and other jewelry.

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás Dec 12 2018, 06:41 PM
Létrehozva: #3

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

Hi!

Don't shoot me, but that totally depends on the ladies's, everyday / occasional, personal style and the watch, imho.

Usually I tend to like it the more casual the ladie's style is and the flashier (gold/rose gold & diamonds) the watch it.

I generally don't think it's a great choice for formal/business/evening attire - but it can work out great as this little experience might show:

There was this one occasion where it totally flashed me and was completely the opposite: A young Asian lady with a (for her built, very respectfully - no malicious/ill intent) "oversize" steel Rolex GMT w/ red/blue inlay and in full formal/business attire. She was walking towards me over a very narrow bridge on my last employers campus, that's why I got such a good look at her, otherwise I wouldn't have even noticed. But that worked, she "rocked" it so to speak.

I'd say be the master of your fate, try it - if you like the oversize look go for it and rock it. If you want to play it safe (whatever/wherever that is) go for a "classic" Ladies's size between the high 2X to low 3X ...

Just a guy here, so please read my post with a grain of salt wink.gif

Kind regards,
Oliver

+Quote Post
bining
hozzászólás Dec 12 2018, 06:42 PM
Létrehozva: #4

Advanced Member

I was never into men’s size watches. However, I noticed the watch sizes went slightly bigger compared to 20 years ago. My first luxury watch was the Omega Constellation, 22mm. Today, 31mm is my biggest but I won’t go any bigger than 35mm.

Like jellyv, I don’t stack watch and bracelets, bracelet is always on my right, one at a time.

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás Dec 12 2018, 06:42 PM
Létrehozva: #5

Advanced Member

I love the look. My issue is that the big watch faces are usually wider than my wrist so they look weird on me. Otherwise it would be my preferred aesthetic.

+Quote Post
bining
hozzászólás Dec 12 2018, 06:45 PM
Létrehozva: #6

Advanced Member

If you're looking for women watches then obtain from h2hub.com.sg There ar several styles of fashionable watches.

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás Dec 12 2018, 06:53 PM
Létrehozva: #7

Advanced Member

Hi!

Don't shoot me, but that totally depends on the ladies's, everyday / occasional, personal style and the watch, imho.

Usually I tend to like it the more casual the ladie's style is and the flashier (gold/rose gold & diamonds) the watch it.

I generally don't think it's a great choice for formal/business/evening attire - but it can work out great as this little experience might show:

There was this one occasion where it totally flashed me and was completely the opposite: A young Asian lady with a (for her built, very respectfully - no malicious/ill intent) "oversize" steel Rolex GMT w/ red/blue inlay and in full formal/business attire. She was walking towards me over a very narrow bridge on my last employers campus, that's why I got such a good look at her, otherwise I wouldn't have even noticed. But that worked, she "rocked" it so to speak.

I'd say be the master of your fate, try it - if you like the oversize look go for it and rock it. If you want to play it safe (whatever/wherever that is) go for a "classic" Ladies's size between the high 2X to low 3X ...

Just a guy here, so please read my post with a grain of salt wink.gif

Kind regards,
Oliver

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 7th August 2024 - 01:38 PM