IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
super automatic machine with manual frother $1500 or less
Guest_AidenLogan_*
hozzászólás Jan 23 2019, 04:45 PM
Létrehozva: #1

Guests

I am looking for a Super Automatic Machine that has automatic and manual frother. I was initially interested in the Gaggia Academia but I am worried about the automatic frother temperature and the frequent emptying of bins. Has this issue been addressed or is there a mod to get around it? I will be replacing my Gaggia Classic and would like to control the frothing unless you can convince me that the automatic frothing is fine. My budget is $1500 or less. Refurbished is fine.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_ElijahAiden_*
hozzászólás Jan 23 2019, 04:46 PM
Létrehozva: #2

Guests

Anything, in particular, you don't like about the Classic? No super auto is going to give you the quality of espresso you should be getting from a good semi-auto like the Classic. Same with the milk steaming... I've watched a lot of videos over the years on the auto steaming functions used on super autos and they are all a joke compared to manually texturing milk. I understand some want convenience, consistency, etc., but the quality suffers along the way.

+Quote Post
Guest_Vendég_*
hozzászólás Jan 23 2019, 04:49 PM
Létrehozva: #3

Guests

IDÉZET(ElijahAiden @ Jan 23 2019, 04:46 PM) *
Anything, in particular, you don't like about the Classic? No super auto is going to give you the quality of espresso you should be getting from a good semi-auto like the Classic. Same with the milk steaming... I've watched a lot of videos over the years on the auto steaming functions used on super autos and they are all a joke compared to manually texturing milk. I understand some want convenience, consistency, etc., but the quality suffers along the way.

Cleanup, kids, counter space, wife wanting something simple, etc. It just makes sense to get something more automatic for the household. I travel a lot and I understand the wife's concerns.

I am looking for a Super Automatic that has a manual steam wand so I can steam my own milk. The two that come to mind are the Gaggia Accademia and Babila.

+Quote Post
Guest_coppermineclock_*
hozzászólás Jan 23 2019, 04:50 PM
Létrehozva: #4

Guests

You are probably asking the wrong people. Not many fans of the super automatics on this site. You tell me that you want to upgrade from a Gaggia Classic and you want better milk frothing/texturing - I'll recommend an HX (heat exchanger) espresso machine. You tell me that a manual espresso machine is to much trouble to use - I'll suggest simpler brewing methods such as drip or press.

+Quote Post
Guest_Cybernate_*
hozzászólás Jan 23 2019, 04:51 PM
Létrehozva: #5

Guests

You can go for Gaggia Accademia, it's a good choice and also you won't regret. Another option to look for is Delonghi ESAM3300, it's a proven machine and is already serving many homes, even some small cafes. Jura has also launched few new models, but manual frother is not there. Here you can see an updated list of all the machines for this year https://www.friedcoffee.com/best-super-auto...-machine-picks/. The list is updated regularly and contains only those models that are loved by the users. Hope that gives you good help.

+Quote Post
Guest_Cybernate_*
hozzászólás Jan 23 2019, 04:54 PM
Létrehozva: #6

Guests

I would like to buy a super automatic espresso machine and have been doing some research to work out the best machine to buy. I was wondering whether anyone could help me.

CG recommends the Jura Capresso Impressa S9 Super Automatic, and a number of people at this site have also recommended Juras for super automatics.

Choice, however, gives the following top four in their ratings of super automatics: SAECO Incanto S-Class De Luxe, SAECO Magic De Luxe, SOLIS Palazzo Rapid Steam, and SUNBEAM Café Barista EM8800.

In other reviews though, the SEACO, SOLIS, and Jura machines do not receive especially good reviews, and the machines with the best (and greatest number of) reviews are the Gaggia Syncrony Compact Digital and Gaggia Synchrony Digital Espresso Machine, which I haven't seen favorably reviewed elsewhere.

So, I know super automatic espresso machines aren't particularly well viewed here, but, in light of this conflicting information, I wanted to ask people who knew what they were talking about what the best machine to buy was and why in the $500-1500AUD price range.

Thanks very much for your help!

+Quote Post
Guest_AidenLogan_*
hozzászólás Jan 23 2019, 04:56 PM
Létrehozva: #7

Guests

IDÉZET(AidenLogan @ Jan 23 2019, 04:45 PM) *
I am looking for a Super Automatic Machine that has automatic and manual frother. I was initially interested in the Gaggia Academia but I am worried about the automatic frother temperature and the frequent emptying of bins. Has this issue been addressed or is there a mod to get around it? I will be replacing my Gaggia Classic and would like to control the frothing unless you can convince me that the automatic frothing is fine. My budget is $1500 or less. Refurbished is fine.

Were not into Superautos here because we expect outstanding coffee. Other threads here will give you a CS rating of Choice.

If it has to be super auto, you should probably purchase Jura as they are universally considered to be the best. Most of the others seem to be exercised in heartbreak when it comes to longevity and frequency of breakdown repair. Its a shame that you have (or choose) to go super auto- because a similar budget and just a little effort would open the door to coffee that would make you reluctant to go out for one. There are many tales of super auto woe here. Hopefully, yours will not be another one wink.gif

Enjoy the ride.

+Quote Post
Guest_Vendég_*
hozzászólás Jan 23 2019, 04:57 PM
Létrehozva: #8

Guests

Thanks for your replies - I do have a strong preference for a machine where I don't have to grind the coffee separately, put it in the brewing head (or however that part of standard machines are called), tamp it, and attach the brewing head to the rest of the machine.

Having said that, if there isn't a super automatic machine in this price range that produces drinkable coffee and isn't likely to break down frequently, then I will have to reconsider this preference.

Fix, to answer your questions: my main coffee is a flat white, and I would probably prefer to froth my own milk. I probably have one to two a day, at separate times. Bench space isn't an issue, and I suppose I would prefer a digital display although I don't really mind.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 28th June 2024 - 02:51 AM