IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Portable Induction Cooktops
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Apr 16 2019, 05:30 AM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 884

Wanting to get a single induction cooktop to use in coach. Looking at a couple brands, but need real life recommendations. Simple is better then bells and whistles. Any input will be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_beneathftr_*_*
hozzászólás Apr 16 2019, 05:31 AM
Létrehozva: #2

Guests

We have a "Kuraidori" single that works great, uses 1800 watts on full power, cost $100.00 up here, so should be around $75.00 for you. Simple to use and fits into small space. We also use it outside when simmering so it keeps the fumes outside. 15 X 12 1/2 X 2 1/2 inches.

+Quote Post
Guest_DANIEL_*
hozzászólás Apr 16 2019, 05:31 AM
Létrehozva: #3

Guests

We been using one for the last 8-9 years. Jonesing for a newer one ever since purchasing a slide-in Electrolux for the Sticks and Bricks. Want a Breville Control Freak but at $1700 dollars the DW says no.

Meanwhile I am looking for 1800 watts and thin thickness. Otherwise it can be a little difficult to see into the pot when the unit sits on the propane stove cover. Amazon has a bunch of different units with users reviews forever.

+Quote Post
Guest_JOSE_*
hozzászólás Apr 16 2019, 05:32 AM
Létrehozva: #4

Guests

I bought one at Wal*Mart that included a fry pan. Cost was less than $40 including tax. Liked it so well I bought a True Induction double hob unit for the MH. That got rid of the only propane in the rig.

+Quote Post
Guest_Induction_*
hozzászólás Apr 16 2019, 05:33 AM
Létrehozva: #5

Guests

I have a Big boss. Smart Top.. Following observatoions

Documentation.. Could be a bit better on some functions but all in all ok.

Operation: As advewrtised.. I've looked at the "Big Name" and it does not have additional functions that are worth the time to describe, if any (Been about a year)

ISSUE: yes, there is an (one) ISSUE and this applies to all of them.

The unit ONLY works with feromagnatic pots and pans.. So my nice cast iron skillet,, Works great, My smaller TR-Fal Non-Strick.. (I have two) works with one, not the other.. My Pressure Cooker. not at all. The aluminum pans my wife bought years ago. NO joy there either. (Am replacing over time)

Only complaint.. When I set the 5 Quart Dutch Oven (Lodge cast iron) it works as designed... but it's not powerful enough.. NOTE: this is a common problem with plug in appliances and jobs needing a lot of heat

The propane burner (one of 'em) is hot enough

But all in all I like it

HIT.. If using it to fry stuff (Works great with the Skillets)

Lay either paper toweling or a dish towel over everything EXCEPT the fry pan.. That way grease splatters are real easy to clean up... I usually cover the Big Boss with paper towel.. So far I've not had a problem..

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Apr 16 2019, 05:35 AM
Létrehozva: #6

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 884

I bought one for the safety aspect. I used a gas burner only once and then got rid of it. Everything I do is with the help of a nosey little monkey. Having her near an open flame scared me. I saw an induction cooktop demo where there was a paper towel between the Portable Induction Cooktop and the pot of simmering soup. The guy lifted the pot and had me touch the paper towel. It was warm but not hot.

+Quote Post
Guest_Alan k_*
hozzászólás Apr 16 2019, 05:36 AM
Létrehozva: #7

Guests

Rapid control of cooking temps is another reason to use induction. The portable ones aren't as capable in this regard as a built in range or cooktop. My S&B one has settings that at the upper range move in .5 setting increments but on the low end are divided into tenths. My portable one has five settings in total. However when you make a change it is immediate.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 31st August 2024 - 07:55 PM