IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Barcode Scanner Suggestions
bining
hozzászólás Apr 20 2019, 07:25 AM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

Hi all, it’s nearly the weekend, which means even more work for some of us

Im looking at getting a barcode to use with Shipeasy extension so that we can automate the shipping process a little more.

Imprinting the order barcodes on the address labels now using Pickpack and would like to use this to scan into shipeasy to mark as dispatched before putting into mail sack.

I believe this is the way ship easy works.

So does any one have a good suggestion for a decent bar code scanner.

Thank you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Apr 20 2019, 07:26 AM
Létrehozva: #2

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

Hi Calum,

Yea, I have some interesting feedback for you directly from Jim at moogento on this one.

Buy a barcode scanner that uses a laser rather than a cmos sensor.

Apparently on the super cheap barcode scanners they use a cmos sensor like you find in the old digital cameras and they lag, where as a laser one finds the code no-on instantly, just like the ones in the supermarkets.

They’re more expensive (so more than £20), but scan much more quickly.

Hope that helps,

Matt

+Quote Post
ftrsquish
hozzászólás Apr 20 2019, 07:27 AM
Létrehozva: #3

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 731

I had this chat with @Jim @ Moogento a month or so ago, we both concluded that you don’t need to spend a fortune on a scanner. Preferably pick a Laser one over CCD as they are more accurate.

Not sure what your packing layout is like, I have always liked wireless scanners but i’m guessing that’s because I just like clever gadgets…work out the maximum range you need and buy the cheapest laser scanner you can which fits the bill smile.gif

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás Apr 20 2019, 07:30 AM
Létrehozva: #4

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

SC-830W is our company’s 433MHz Wireless laser barcode scanner cable scanning laser gun, its appearance is beautiful and easy, comfortable operation, decoding ability. Products have passed CE, FCC, ROHS, IP65, IEC60825,and many other certification, with a variety of data transmission mode and the optional automatic induction model can make a large number used in supermarkets, retail, logistics, medicine and other need automatic identification industry.

+Quote Post
Guest_sdghsfgn_*
hozzászólás Apr 20 2019, 07:31 AM
Létrehozva: #5

Guests

Yep I would still recommend that. At the moment shipEasy can only scan single orders, so you’ll want to be near a screen to check that it has processed the last one before scanning the next. There are some scanners that have a memory & are wireless, shipEasy will support this in the future (ie. you can scan away from everything, then fire them into shipEasy as a group).
More details of shipEasy barcode function in our wiki: barcodes.

+Quote Post
bining
hozzászólás Apr 20 2019, 07:32 AM
Létrehozva: #6

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 761

@Moogento @Dave1 @matt

Yes, i was thinking the best way to go was for a laser one.

I was looking at the suggestions on the ebizparts pos page, and they were around the £200 mark. I gather that i dont need to spend that much.

Will go for a wireless one for convenience, with a base station for charging. But basically When the item is packaged up, I will then scan the barcode on the address label into Magento/Shipeasy to mark as dispatched. Or possibly when lots of orders, can scan into an excell sheet, then upload that into the shipeasy bulk upload to shipp all at once.

Is that feasible.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 28th June 2024 - 09:23 AM