IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
TFT PMOD LCD displaying video
bining
hozzászólás Jul 12 2019, 02:22 PM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

I designed the hardware a couple of years ago but recently I had to do a project where I needed to use the Vivado block diagram interface. I thought it was pretty cool how fast it was to put a design together so I went about making an IP Core that controlled the PMOD.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Jul 12 2019, 02:22 PM
Létrehozva: #2

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

Yes in the sketch that's what i've been doing and that's simple enough to be honest. But I don't know what to do when i use a BMP how do i change that? I've tried to convert it to CMYK but with no joy. Still had the color problem on the screen. Thank you for your help.

+Quote Post
tethysunrigged
hozzászólás Jul 12 2019, 02:23 PM
Létrehozva: #3

Azonosító: 1,016

IDÉZET(ambiguousscourge @ Jul 12 2019, 03:22 PM) *
Yes in the sketch that's what i've been doing and that's simple enough to be honest. But I don't know what to do when i use a BMP how do i change that? I've tried to convert it to CMYK but with no joy. Still had the color problem on the screen. Thank you for your help.

With regards to the backlight, the only thing I can suggest is a small modification to the module. On the back of the module there is a small black surface mount resistor marked 331. If you where to change this to something slightly lower such as a 220 ohm resistor, this will improve the backlight.

+Quote Post
bining
Létrehozva: #4

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 761

I've check this by simply adding the resistor across the 330R and it made an improvement in brightness. Backlight current consumption increased from 4mA to 8mA. I'm going to contact the factory and speak to them about this. I do however have to make the disclaimer that any modification like this to the board will invalidate its warranty so if you do choose to modify it you do so at your own risk.

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
Létrehozva: #5

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

IDÉZET(bining @ Jul 12 2019, 02:23 PM) *
I've check this by simply adding the resistor across the 330R and it made an improvement in brightness. Backlight current consumption increased from 4mA to 8mA. I'm going to contact the factory and speak to them about this. I do however have to make the disclaimer that any modification like this to the board will invalidate its warranty so if you do choose to modify it you do so at your own risk.

I've tried as you suggested but I thought it was still very dimmed so instead I put 110ohm resistors between the 5V and the pin of the BL resistor and it's working great so far. Your support was great however I must say when I buy a shield like this I expect to use it on a plug and play basis. Anyway, I've got 4 more of those screens to modify now arrrg. More Information here https://www.stoneitech.com/

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
hozzászólás Jul 12 2019, 02:24 PM
Létrehozva: #6

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

Keep in mind that if you do connect a resistor in the way you suggested, instead of across the 330R resistor, you will lose the functionality of the BL control pin. If you don't care about backlight control another option is to simply bypass the transistor that controls the backlight.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 28th March 2024 - 08:54 AM