IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Wedding videography advice
bining
hozzászólás Jul 25 2019, 04:53 PM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

My brother just scored a contract to do all the wedding photography at a country hall, around 40+ per year. He has asked me if I want to do the videography side of things. Not really dream stuff, but hard to turn down the cash being thrown around. Any advice from people doing this for a living... The C100 II was looking interesting to me, but I worry that the size might intimidate people... Is stealth best, or do people want to see big cameras so they feel it is professional?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
hozzászólás Jul 25 2019, 04:54 PM
Létrehozva: #2

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

Have used the a7sii in low light weddings and the skin tones are a nightmare. They are dead. Shines above all else when the party starts and the lights go down. Don't really need a gimbal if you know how to move the camera and are taking short, swooping shots over a 5ft distance. Obviously, long tracking shots are a different thing. Personally, I'll go with non electronic gimbal type in future - the DS1 I bought is utterly useless.

+Quote Post
bining
Létrehozva: #3

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 761

You MUST MUST MUST remember that wedding films are CONSUMER PRODUCTS. DONT EVER FORGET THIS. THIS IS 6 years of experience and over 300 weddings shot of experience talking to you. These people aren't professional filmmakers. They aren't producers. They aren't film snobs. All they want is pretty shots of them on their big day. If you shot it all with a t2i and a 50mm 1.8 they would love it because it looks "cinematic". Don't get caught up with the gear when it comes to shooting weddings. That's the biggest waste of time and money. The couples simply don't give a shit.

+Quote Post
ambiguousscourge
Létrehozva: #4

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 884

IDÉZET(bining @ Jul 25 2019, 04:54 PM) *
You MUST MUST MUST remember that wedding films are CONSUMER PRODUCTS. DONT EVER FORGET THIS. THIS IS 6 years of experience and over 300 weddings shot of experience talking to you. These people aren't professional filmmakers. They aren't producers. They aren't film snobs. All they want is pretty shots of them on their big day. If you shot it all with a t2i and a 50mm 1.8 they would love it because it looks "cinematic". Don't get caught up with the gear when it comes to shooting weddings. That's the biggest waste of time and money. The couples simply don't give a shit.

Most of your valuable audio will be recorded off camera. I'll often use a recorder (Tascam DR-60) to take a feed off of the mixer/DJ board, and pocket recorders with lav mics on the groom and/or officiant. Usually some other recorder or mic in front of a speaker as a backup. Audio backups are key because stuff will mess up with one of your options from time to time. More Info here https://weddingvideocalifornia.com/

+Quote Post
fillerjupiter
Létrehozva: #5

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 886

The only wedding I won't touch after that feedback will be where either the bride or groom are professional videographers. They would notice the slight moire on the registrar's tie, the crushed shadows miles away in the corner of the church, the purple fringing in one second of the entire production - and then sue you silly for daring to soil their big day.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 1st July 2024 - 07:23 AM