IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

The Problems with Positive Affirmations
joselcollin
hozzászólás Aug 2 2019, 08:44 AM
Létrehozva: #1

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 1,072

Last year I used positive affirmations to avoid getting anxiety attacks again while studying for a very difficult exam and for boosting my self-worth when it came to my job. I really did feel good about myself and passed the exam even though it was a very stressful time for me.

However weeks ago I started experiencing depression and anxiety which I hadn’t experienced in a couple years. Before this happened I had stopped saying my previous affirmations and started to constantly tell myself I was at peace and calm even though I was stressed out. It really came to a point where they didn’t seem to be doing much. Eventually I just stopped saying the affirmations.

Now that I’m learning more about TMS I realize that I’ve just been repressing my emotions by saying those affirmations when I never fully believed them. I’ve basically been programming myself that feeling bad about myself is bad and that I can only allow good thoughts to enter my consciousness.

What puzzles me is that the positive affirmation advice was given to me by a Life Coach who’s been doing this for years. She must have success using these techniques otherwise she wouldn’t still be in business. This just seems like something that eventually leads to worsening symptoms of TMS.

Your thoughts please.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Hozzászólás a témához

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 1st July 2024 - 07:56 AM