IPB

Üdvözöllek a Fórumban! ( Bejelentkezés | Regisztráció )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Remote Desktop Services CAL Licenses help
bining
hozzászólás Sep 2 2019, 12:47 PM
Létrehozva: #1

Advanced Member

Csoport: Members
Azonosító: 761

My instance is running Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Base. I have 5 users that need to be able to connect simultaneously. All my users are running Windows 7 Ultimate (not sure if this impacts anything). Right now, I can connect 2 users simultaneously only. Can someone please help me understand what CALs I need to accomplish this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Vendég_*
hozzászólás Sep 2 2019, 12:48 PM
Létrehozva: #2

Guests

For you to cater for more users you will need to not only purchase a 5 User Client Access License but also the Terminal Services Software, this is not included in a Windows Server but additional software that needs to be purchased from Microsoft.

+Quote Post
Guest_Guest_ambiguousscourge_*_*
hozzászólás Sep 2 2019, 12:49 PM
Létrehozva: #3

Guests

IDÉZET(Vendég @ Sep 2 2019, 12:48 PM) *
For you to cater for more users you will need to not only purchase a 5 User Client Access License but also the Terminal Services Software, this is not included in a Windows Server but additional software that needs to be purchased from Microsoft.

Can you give me a link to the terminal services software you're talking about? I didn't find it when I google searched it - maybe because of the generic name. Why does it require special software? Is it just to confirm my licenses? I like the way the two simultaneous users work right now. I wanted the 5 to work identically.

+Quote Post
tethysunrigged
hozzászólás Sep 2 2019, 12:49 PM
Létrehozva: #4

Azonosító: 1,016

You will need to purchase the server license for the Remote Desktop Server Host (formally Terminal Services Server) and then you will need to purchase a Client Access License (CAL) for each user or device that you will want to have connected to the server remote desktop.

+Quote Post
bining
hozzászólás Sep 2 2019, 12:50 PM
Létrehozva: #5

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 761

I would suggest that you reach out to your local Microsoft Distributor or Reseller to ask them for additional information around this and your options to purchase.

+Quote Post
sagsdfhbgfdv
hozzászólás Jun 22 2021, 12:34 AM
Létrehozva: #6

Advanced Member

Azonosító: 1,102

For remote Dextop (RDP) related any kind of problem, or help check out this website https://itprospt.com/remote-desktop-cant-find-the-computer/ it's the best website which have every kind of information about RDP.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 felhasználó olvassa jelenleg ezt a témát (1 vendég és 0 anonim felhasználó)
0 felhasználó:

Szöveges verzió A pontos idő: 2nd July 2024 - 12:44 AM