Vacation Rental owners— what are your stories, suc

Új téma nyitása   Hozzászólás a témához    Tartalomjegyzék // Események
Előző téma megtekintése :: Következő téma megtekintése  
Szerző Üzenet
NatanBricks

HozzászólásElküldve: Hétf. Dec. 05, 2022 9:13 am    Hozzászólás témája: Vacation Rental owners— what are your stories, suc Hozzászólás az előzmény idézésével
Hi all! Vacationing for the 6th time in 9 years in a place I love. I am now financially at the point where I am starting to think about buying a property as a vacation home that I could rent out for the rest of the year and then eventually do some snowbirding.
I'd love to hear stories about how this has worked out for you. What would you like to know when you go, how easy/difficult it is to succeed, etc.
Thank you!
Vissza az elejére
Felhasználó profiljának megtekintése Privát üzenet küldése
Kaly

HozzászólásElküldve: Hétf. Dec. 05, 2022 10:26 am    Hozzászólás témája: Hozzászólás az előzmény idézésével
If you have a management company, expect them to take 30-40%.
Find one major cleaning company and pay them well. I've learned to ask for their rate and offer more. You usually pass the cleaning on to the people who are renting anyway. For example, I was told $250 for cleaning, so I pay them $300 (4 beds, 4 bathrooms).
We also use good kitchen pots/plates and silverware. When we travel, my wife loves to cook and hates dealing with horribly scratchy Teflon cookware that costs $50 a set.
Getting decent mattresses is another matter. It makes a world of difference. I'm not saying discount $1,500 for a mattress. We spend $300 to $600 on hybrid memory foam and only get great reviews. USE MATTRESS PADS!!! I can't stress that enough.
Vissza az elejére
Gato

HozzászólásElküldve: Pént. Dec. 23, 2022 3:12 am    Hozzászólás témája: Hozzászólás az előzmény idézésével
Platforms like airbnb punish you if you take too long to answer tenants' questions, so you have to be online at all times, if you don't have that option you can use a channel manager for vacation rentals which will help you always be aware of when people are due to leave and when new people arrive and generally help streamline the whole staff management process.
We use it to regulate the cleaning and the person who plows the driveway when it snows, shovels the porch and patio and takes out the trash.
Vissza az elejére
Új téma nyitása   Hozzászólás a témához    Tartalomjegyzék // Események Időzóna: (GMT 0)
1 / 1 oldal

Ugrás:  
Nem készíthetsz új témákat ebben a fórumban.
Nem válaszolhatsz egy témára ebben a fórumban.
Nem módosíthatod a hozzászólásaidat a fórumban.
Nem törölheted a hozzászólásaidat a fórumban.
Nem szavazhatsz ebben fórumban.

alexisBlue v1.2 // Theme Created By: Andrew Charron and Web Hosting Bluebook // Icons in Part By: Travis Carden